Curiosity about AS3356 L3/CenturyLink network resiliency (in general)

Sebastian Wiesinger sebastian at karotte.org
Tue May 22 11:36:12 UTC 2018

* David Hubbard <dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com> [2018-05-16 19:01]:
> I’m curious if anyone who’s used 3356 for transit has found
> shortcomings in how their peering and redundancy is configured, or

>From a recent experience I can tell you that a change request to
change a peering from "full table" to "default route only" has
resulted in now 3+ weeks of conversation and an outage when they
misconfigured their session without them realising it.

Colleague of mine is now trying to send them the exact required set
commands for the Juniper gear they're using.

This is not what I would expect from a carrier like 3356.

Regards

Sebastian

--
GPG Key: 0x93A0B9CE (F4F6 B1A3 866B 26E9 450A  9D82 58A2 D94A 93A0 B9CE)
            -- Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant