Segment Routing

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue May 22 09:36:10 UTC 2018

On 22/May/18 10:51, James Bensley wrote:

> I'm also interested in the uses cases.
>
> As a "typical" service provider (whatever that means) who doesn't have
> any SR specific requirements such as service chaining, the only
> reason/feature SR has which currently makes me want to deploy it is
> TI-FLA (to improve our (r)LFA coverage) - but this is only for failure
> scenarios so under normal working conditions as far as I know, there
> is no benefit available to us right now.

+1.

I was excited about SR because I thought it would finally enable native
MPLSv6 forwarding. But alas...

I've heard of "quiet" tests going on within some operator networks, but
if you look around, SR is being pushed by the vendors, and none of them
can give me a concrete example of a deployment in the wild worth talking
about.

Of course, always open to correction...

Mark.