Segment Routing

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Tue May 22 08:51:05 UTC 2018

On 22 May 2018 at 09:14, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:
> I'm more curious about use-cases for folk considering SR, than SR itself.
>
> 4 years on, and I still can't find a reason to replace my LDP network
> with SR.
>
> Your use-case makes sense, as it sounds like Cisco deliberately left LDP
> out of your box, considering SR is in. But that's a whole other
> discussion :-)...

I'm also interested in the uses cases.

As a "typical" service provider (whatever that means) who doesn't have
any SR specific requirements such as service chaining, the only
reason/feature SR has which currently makes me want to deploy it is
TI-FLA (to improve our (r)LFA coverage) - but this is only for failure
scenarios so under normal working conditions as far as I know, there
is no benefit available to us right now.

Cheers,
James.