Segment Routing

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue May 22 08:14:33 UTC 2018

On 22/May/18 10:06, Matt Geary wrote:

> Yes we are considering changing to SR on our backbone because LDP is
> not supported on the nexus switches. Although, we have no experience
> with SR and looks plainly simple but we loose some of the LSP path
> selection.

Got you.

I'm more curious about use-cases for folk considering SR, than SR itself.

4 years on, and I still can't find a reason to replace my LDP network
with SR.

Your use-case makes sense, as it sounds like Cisco deliberately left LDP
out of your box, considering SR is in. But that's a whole other
discussion :-)...

Mark.