Subsea availability

Mehmet Akcin mehmet at akcin.net
Tue May 22 05:11:58 UTC 2018

Hello there,

I am working on a masters project idea to create an interactive map of the
world’s subsea cables (cls to cla without local loops from cls to dc)

I would like to know if anyone have worked with something like this in the
past, and whether you think it would be cool to have a map where you can
see subsea cable availability.

I am also going to be at nanog denver to talk about this project with
people. Let me know if you are available and interested in talking on ways
to collaborate.

I have few ideas on how to make this work with using ripe atlas probe like
devices installed in strategic locations.

Mehmet