is odd number of links in lag group ok

Ben Cannon ben at 6by7.net
Wed May 16 23:32:34 UTC 2018

While it goes without saying that you need the same (can be 5!) number of links to each router in a multichassis LAG, what isn’t so obvious are things like port groups etc.

If you have an oversubscribed platform, you might need to look at running each wire in a LAG to different port groups, and then look at things like switch ASICs and span those as well.

Even try to span diverse slots/modules if you can.

But 5 6 or 4 per chassis shouldn’t make a huge difference.

-Ben