AT&T mobile intercepting TCP sockets?

lists at as23738.net lists at as23738.net
Mon May 21 20:10:43 UTC 2018

IME ATT has intercepted virtually everything on mobile (this is on a hotspot) -

If I curl a HTTP vs HTTPS site, I get a different IP on each (one is obviously a shared web proxy); if I download images, they won't match md5-wise with the original version, etc. I have trouble connecting to VPNs that aren't standard SSL VPNs. They appear to MITM all web traffic they can. Using third party DNS servers has questionable results.