Akamai WAF

Justin Wilson lists at mtin.net
Fri May 18 14:22:45 UTC 2018

I have a client with a /24 that has somehow been blocked by folks using the Akamai WAF. This is the response we received back from Akamai when we contacted them.

>On checking the machine logs for ups.com <http://ups.com/>, we found that there is WAF (web application firewall) configured by ups.com <http://ups.com/>, this has to be fixed from the site owners end.

This is happening with multiple sites, southwest.com is another.  I find it odd multiple sites are doing this at the same time.  If just one I would believe it was a manual configuration.  It seems like something has triggered it. Can someone shed some light on how the WAF works?

Justin Wilson
j2sw at mtin.net

www.mtin.net
www.midwest-ix.com