Juniper BGP Convergence Time

Hugo Slabbert hugo at slabnet.com
Thu May 17 15:17:11 UTC 2018

On Thu 2018-May-17 10:49:37 -0400, Adam Kajtar <akajtar at wadsworthcity.org> wrote:

>Thomas,
>
>Thanks for the info. This is probably why my multipath configuration wasn't
>working as I thought it would. I will give this a test run also.
>
>Mike,
>
>Interesting thought. This would mean rpf-check wouldn't work on my outside
>interfaces. Good to know.

Not necessarily that it doesn't work at all, but there are
platform-specific differences in terms of loose vs. strict, whether the
default route is considered in RPF evaluation, etc.  From
https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/task/configuration/interfaces-configuring-unicast-rpf.html#jd0e50

Hugo Slabbert       | email, xmpp/jabber: hugo at slabnet.com
pgp key: B178313E   | also on Signal