internet - sparkle

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed May 16 18:34:30 UTC 2018

On 16/May/18 16:54, Aaron Gould wrote:
> .written in 12/2015 - do y'all think this is accurate, and, in 2018, is it
> still accurate ? (asking since my next question is related to Sparkle, since
> they are listed in that previous article as a significant Internet presence)

I don't know about "owning" the Internet, but I would agree with the
article re: the 7 key global transit providers as things stand in 2018.

It matches up with our own compliment of transit providers in our
network (AS37100).

> My coworker just got back from ITW/Chicago and he is considering Sparkle as
> an additional Internet provider for the ISP I work for in San Antonio, TX .
> we would need to uplink to Sparkle in the central Texas area somehow.  He
> mentioned that Sparkle may be in McAllen / Dallas and could possibly, in the
> future be in Austin or San Antonio

My initial experience with TI Sparkle was in South East Asia back in
'08. They were decent.

We have them in our stable, and like them for their South American coverage.

Mark.