Juniper BGP Convergence Time

Adam Kajtar akajtar at wadsworthcity.org
Wed May 16 13:22:54 UTC 2018

I could use static routes but I noticed since I moved to full routes I have
had a lot fewer customer complaints about latency(especially when it comes
to Voice and VPN traffic).

I wasn't using per-packet load balancing. I believe juniper default is per
IP.

My timers are as follows
 Active Holdtime: 90
 Keepalive Interval: 30

Would I be correct in thinking I need to contact my ISP to lower these
values?

An interesting note is when I had both ISPs connected into a single MX104
the failover was just a few seconds.

Thanks again.

--
Adam Kajtar