internet - sparkle

Ca By cb.list6 at gmail.com
Wed May 16 16:33:12 UTC 2018

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 9:14 AM Michael Crapse <michael at wi-fiber.io> wrote:

> Additionally, whilst not "technically" a tier 1 provider, Hurricane
> electric should be high on that list. Especially as one of the best
> providers of and proponents for IPv6. We'll see into the future, HE may
> have one of the most critical infrastructures, and should be a "part-owner"
> of the internet.

Fully disagree.

1). HE cant reach cogent on v6. Forget whos fault it is, it is a liability
for anyone that relies on HE

2). They dont support common bgp communities like no-export, so trying to
do TE is a mess.

3). They are at the center of nearly every bgp hijacking fiasco because
they dont have reasonable route controls.

HE is a liability to us all until they fix their bgp filters

https://www.internetsociety.org/blog/2018/04/amazons-route-53-bgp-hijack/