USB Ethernet Adapters

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Tue May 15 01:53:27 UTC 2018

On May 14, 2018, at 8:20 PM, Colton Conor <colton.conor at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. I like the ones that have lights on the Ethernet port so you can see if
> the device is up/down. I find that critical as we go to a lot of sites
> where we don't know if the cable is good/bad, so a indication on the lights
> is critical.

If you're going to do network testing, then an NETool is recommended.  That's a complete Linux network testing system in what looks like a larger-than-usual dongle.

Beyond that, if you're using an older Mac, then in my experience Apple's Thunderbolt 2/GigE adapter can't be beat.

I do not yet have enough experience with USB, or USB-C, or Thunderbolt 3 adapters to be able to make any recommendations.