Catalyst 4500 listening on TCP 6154 on all interfaces

frederic.jutzet at sig-telecom.net frederic.jutzet at sig-telecom.net
Mon May 7 20:02:12 UTC 2018

Cisco contact me off-line and ask me to share my datas. They will open a
bug id and investigate.
Nothing to say, very pro active.

The bug id is CSCvj35885

Cisco also confirmed that this tcp port is for internal communication
(internal to the device) only and should not be exposed.

Next time I will follow your recommendation about opening a tac case for
information request, and not bother the community.

Thank to all for your tips and ideas.

Best regards,
Fred

On 07.05.2018 21:22, Spaans, Joel H wrote:
> This has not been my experience. TAC specifically has an option when opening a case to "Ask a question". It's purpose is for non-outage queries such as these. I've asked them things such as "How many ARP entries does an ASA 5585X support?" Sometimes I find conflicting information so I need to ask TAC or I'm just too busy to find the answer.
>
> I've learned not to be hesitant to engage them, we pay for the support after all.
>
> Yes, sometimes you will get an engineer who is not helpful. Let them close the case and open another case or insist that the case be moved to another engineer.

>>> 5CD5D2D8  0.0.0.0.6154               *.*                         LISTEN