Route Reflector Client Design Question

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sun May 6 12:20:05 UTC 2018

On 6/May/18 12:29, Nick Hilliard wrote:

> one option potentially worth looking at here would be optimal route
> reflection.  "Potentially" because vendors haven't been shipping ORR
> for long and some implementations are still working themselves through
> the design kink stage.

So our good friends at Cisco, after promising that they'd have code for
IOS XE/CSR1000v by this time 2018, told me that implementation for it on
this code base has moved to 2H'19, no guarantees. I'm too bored with
them to even be irritated.

Someone was telling me that the IOS XR implementation only supports the
main IPv4/IPv6 address families, so their 6PE network cannot enjoy their
ORR deployment yet.

Mark.