NSR / NSF

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sat May 5 23:38:09 UTC 2018

On 17/Mar/18 12:29, Hari . wrote:

> Checking on best practice being followed with regards to enabling NSF or NSR or both on ASR 9k. Which option can be beneficial and considered to be a standard approach.

See https://mailman.nanog.org/pipermail/nanog/2014-November/071600.html
from 2014.

In 2018, the only routers we have that don't support NSR are not
carrying essential production traffic, e.g., looking glass routers based
on the Cisco 7201. GR would be useful here, but no mileage for us since
all other devices have the hardware to do NSR.

We do run our RR's on CSR1000v, which would put them into the GR
category, but redundancy here is caused by discrete hardware duplication.

Mark.