Route Reflector Client Design Question

michalis.bersimis at hq.cyta.gr michalis.bersimis at hq.cyta.gr
Fri May 4 12:58:14 UTC 2018

Hello,

In order to accept only the default route, I assume that you want to have internet access to the ASR920 inside a vrf. ?!?
 If this is the case, your consideration of the default route and the TCAM size is correct. But, if there is internet traffic between the PE2-PE3 in the same vrf , then I think that its ok to leak more specific prefixes from PE2 to PE3 (by using specific Route Targets) from the CORE1 & CORE2 (RR).

Unless there is something that I miss,  option #2, is more favorable.

Michalis Bersimis