Qu??bec Sales tax

Ken Chase math at sizone.org
Tue Mar 27 22:21:12 UTC 2018

If Netflix has no physical presence in Quebec, what the lever are they going
to use to force this? A lawsuit in <state of netflix incorporation> in the
US? What court is going to entertain a foreign jurisdiction's tax claim in
their court? And how would that be then enforced?

Canada has tried this before:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/u-s-judge-puts-halt-to-canadian-court-order-for-google-to-delist-search-results-1.3663055

Court file: https://scc-csc.lexum.com/scc-csc/scc-csc/en/item/16701/index.do

Im a big fan of Canada standing up for its sovereignty (I live here), but nice
try.

/kc

--
Ken Chase - math at sizone.org Guelph Canada