Comcast / Level3 Peering Issues?

David Deutsch ddeutsch at tsicorp.net
Thu Mar 22 21:48:14 UTC 2018

Hey guys,

VoIP provider here with primary connectivity through Level3 in LAX.

For the past week+ we have seen dropped RTP packets between our Level3
connection and Comcast fiber customers located in Denver and Detroit

Initially we worked under the assumption that something was occuring at the
customer locations (such as localized packet loss), however we now suspect
dropped packets between L3 and Comcast. Forcing traffic over to other
carriers through community strings resulted in no packet loss.

The issue appears to be in the evening and I was hoping either someone from
L3 network ops or a list member in the know might have some useful
information.

Thanks,
David