How are you configuring BFD timers?

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Mar 22 10:22:39 UTC 2018

RFI is corollary to LOS.

Both are essentially speed of light limited, there in no uncertainty
or detection margin. After one side sees LOS other side will see RFI,
if it's not seeing LOS as well.

I personally would consider BFD for: radio, pseudowire, L2 switch and
equivalent poorly failing links. But I wouldn't run it on dark,
copper or wave. Purely an anecdote, but I have far more BFD caused
problems than BFD solved problems, spanning multiple vendors.
(CAT7600, ASR9k, MX).

Regarding BFD echo and control mode, neither is guaranteed to be HW or
SW implementation, both can be both. Standard intends echo mode to be
HW, but does not guarantee.

--
  ++ytti