How are you configuring BFD timers?

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 10:10:37 UTC 2018

On 22 March 2018 at 09:59, Saku Ytti <saku at ytti.fi> wrote:
> Ethernet handles unidirectional failure natively through autonego asserting RFI.

I was thinking about this as I wrote that post. I've not had a chance
to test this across our various devices types, I will have to try and
find the time to test which devices support this and how effectively
it works. For now we just use BFD because it's tested as working on
all our device types. We've seen issues where LOS isn't working
properly across third party DWDM platforms so for now, we have no BFD
bugs and it catches these issues for us.

I think it might also be worth testing Ethernet RFI to check the
delays that Jason was talking about; which is quicker to signal link
down and begin the re-convergence process, RFI / LOS / BFD?

Cheers,
James.