IPv6 Unique Local Addresses (was Re: New Active Exploit: memcached on port 11211 UDP & TCP being exploited for reflection attacks)

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Fri Mar 2 23:07:45 UTC 2018

In article <C3744C23-3A31-4345-89B6-ED2B19F92FEB at delong.com> you write:
>What can you do with ULA that GUA isn’t suitable for?

I have a home network with two segments, one wired and one wireless.
It has IPv6 addresses assigned by my ISP, Spectrum nee TWC, which
probably won't change but who knows, they make no promises.  I have
some servers on my network, like printers, scanners, backup disks, and a
phone TA.  Getting my own /48 would be absurd.  ULAs are just the
ticket.