courtesy

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Thu Jun 28 01:03:41 UTC 2018

--- job at instituut.net wrote:
People - please just stop the off topic chatter. It is
ludicrous that a thread about bgp hijacks morphed into
font discussions.

Either contribute to the operational issue at hand by
evaluating your terms & conditions (or abuse policies)
and applying them to your operations, or remain silent.

While I have to agree with what you said in the first
paragraph (there was too much of off topic chatter on
this thread), I disagree with the second paragraph.
You are not the King of NANOG where you can demand
folks contribute in the manner you expect or "remain
silent".  The "Please" is acceptable and we'd likely
all comply.  The "remain silent" demand is not and
it's likely to not gain compliance.

scott