AS3266: BitCanal hijack factory, courtesy of Cogent, GTT, and Level3

Stephen Fulton sf at lists.esoteric.ca
Tue Jun 26 16:18:19 UTC 2018

Job,

Unless of course they are not actually on an IXP listed.  Bitcanal is
not a member of TorIX and as far as I recall, never has been.  The IP
they list in PeeringDB was never assigned to them at any point and in
fact was used by an AS112 instance which was run by TorIX directly on
the fabric for a time.  I sent in a note to PeeringDB several years ago
about Bitcanal claiming to be a peer when they were not and never heard
back.. I'll resend.

-- Stephen (ops, TorIX)