IPv6 faster/better proof? was Re: Need /24 (arin) asap

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Mon Jun 25 13:50:07 UTC 2018

> That was a good tip, as I hadn't seen these before this thread.

they also make a good small-isp or large office router for USD 300
https://www.ubnt.com/edgemax/edgerouter-pro/

> One thing I like about the MikroTik is that it goes forever without
> needing a reboot.

while i have not run a ubiquiti forever, i have run them for a very long
time.

> My previous Claix GPON ONU + IP Router combo box needed a reboot a
> couple of times a year as it was running out of memory to hold NAT44
> state.

quaint

i think microtik and ubiquiti are the two serious home geek cpe players
of note.  i was mostly happy with a netgear into which i blew openwrt,
but the netgear was mediocre hardware.

randy