IPv6 faster/better proof? was Re: Need /24 (arin) asap

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Fri Jun 22 13:05:43 UTC 2018

I’m not really sure “you get what you pay for” … compare with OpenWRT … you have frequent updates, even in days when some important security flaw is discovered, as it happened a few months ago with WiFi. You can even develop yourself what you want or pay folks to do it for you.

And of course, you don’t depend on a specific hardware vendor. You can have a single model or several ones depending on customer’s needs, but all share the same firmware. You can buy very good quality products from China with 1-5 FastEthernet or Gigabit ports, 1 or dual radio WiFi, 1 or several USB (2.0 or 3.0), with or without Bluetooth, SD card support, even SATA support, and even LTE support. You have so many vendors that you can even decide what CPU you prefer to have and even what Wireless chips …

A basic one will be around 15 USD, the most powerful one will be around 30 USD (without the LTE interface, but space for it).

Regards,

Jordi