IPv6 faster/better proof? was Re: Need /24 (arin) asap

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri Jun 22 07:10:17 UTC 2018

On 20/Jun/18 06:06, Jared Mauch wrote:

> I know.  They’re very popular in the WISP and FTTH communities that are doing sub-10G as their aggregate bits.  I understand the price appeal but not a fan personally.

Not a fan either for the backbone, even though a lot of ISP's in South
Africa use them for this... admittedly, small networks that simply don't
have the cash to dish out to the big vendors. I know we've had some
issues setting up BGP sessions with MikroTik-based customers/peers,
mainly around how RouterOS interprets various BGP-related RFC's.

But for the home, I can't fault them.

They do fix plenty of bugs (almost as much as they push out new
features). I have seen some IPv6 bug fixes in recent updates they've
published, but nothing that really makes a difference to my home world,
as far as I can remember.

Mark.