IPv6 faster/better proof? was Re: Need /24 (arin) asap

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri Jun 22 07:04:02 UTC 2018

On 20/Jun/18 05:48, Jared Mauch wrote:

> MikroTik is getting there but most people are just not enabling it either.

I have a MikroTik hAP Lite router for my FTTH service at my house.

It has excellent support for IPv6, including a ton of translation
mechanisms.

My problem is my home provider doesn't do IPv6, so I run a 6-in-4 tunnel
back to my own backbone for the service (no latency impact as my home
provider is my IP Transit customer :-) ). This is a little unstable
because my home provider doesn't know how to give me a stable IPv4
address for my FTTH service.

But I do have to say that I am massively impressed by what that little
MikroTik box can do. IPv6 on my home LAN works as expected, as it does
across the 6-in-4 tunnel.

Mark.