Impacts of Encryption Everywhere (any solution?)

McBride, Mack C-Mack.McBride at charter.com
Tue Jun 19 15:50:05 UTC 2018

Netflix is not supposed to be cacheable by third parties for legal reasons
that have absolutely nothing to do with routing.
Similar with most streaming services including stupid geolocation usage.
If you have sufficient eyeballs, Netflix will work with you to get a local cache
set up using their devices.  If it is just you and a half dozen neighbors they won't.

A far larger problem than the encryption is website design that doesn't cater to
low bandwidth links.  HTML5 is cool but marking a 10mbyte animation as non-cachable
and putting it on the front page of a major bank website is a misuse of resources.

Mack