WC 2018 impact on network yet

Radu-Adrian Feurdean nanog at radu-adrian.feurdean.net
Tue Jun 19 11:52:17 UTC 2018

On Sat, Jun 16, 2018, at 22:07, Keith Medcalf wrote:

> People stream HD Video in the Water Closet?  I don't think my 80" HDTV
> would fit in there!

I don't think they do that, but they are more and more to receive regular TV via OTT STBs. And sport events, which attract viewers, are better candidates for higher definition (those days 4K) than regular tv programs (some of them still SD, some "regular HD"). So when everybody will watch the local favourite's match (important ones), we do expect traffic levels to be higher than usual.