Time to add 2002::/16 to bogon filters?

j k jsklein at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 01:32:51 UTC 2018

This week I began mapping IPv6 SPAM headers "Received:" and "X-Received:"
and have discovered over 50% are from:

10.0.0.0 – 10.255.255.255
2002:0a00:: - 2002:aff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff

172.16.0.0 – 172.31.255.255
2002:ac10:: - 2002:ac10:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff

192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255
2002:c0A8:: - 2002:c0A8:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff

Can anyone else confirm my findings?

Joe Klein

"inveniet viam, aut faciet" --- Seneca's Hercules Furens (Act II, Scene 1)
PGP Fingerprint: 295E 2691 F377 C87D 2841 00C1 4174 FEDF 8ECF 0CC8