fd.io vs cumulus vs snabb vs OVS vs OpenNSL

nanog at jack.fr.eu.org nanog at jack.fr.eu.org
Fri Jun 15 21:47:49 UTC 2018

On 06/15/2018 10:17 PM, John Fraizer wrote:
>    - What specific issues are you having with BGP running under Cumulus
>    Linux.
- bgpd crashes
- bgpd loading as hell after some time (can be fixed by restarting the
process ..)
- cumulus by itself (switchd & portwd) loads as hell as well, all the
time, the hardware is under pressure all the time (which is an issue for
CPU-based stuff : monitoring, sflow etc)

>    - What hardware are you running Cumulus Linux on?
5712-54X-O-AC-F from edgecore
(https://www.edge-core.com/productsInfo.php?cls=&cls2=&cls3=44&id=15),
which has specific issues by itself as well :/

>    - What version of Cumulus Linux?
The last one, 3.5.2