fd.io vs cumulus vs snabb vs OVS vs OpenNSL

Hugo Slabbert hugo at slabnet.com
Thu Jun 14 22:30:47 UTC 2018

On Thu 2018-Jun-14 23:28:50 +0200, nanog at jack.fr.eu.org <nanog at jack.fr.eu.org> wrote:

>Bof
>
>I currently use cumulus's software, I will then report my experience:
>not production ready
>
>You have a lot of features, with a fast development, but ..
>I expect my network to be a rock solid part of my infrastructure,
>especially when I am using the classic part, not the fancy ones
>
>When I have huge stability issue with something like bgp, what can I say
>but "get away from those software, it is not production-ready yet" ?

I'd be curious about specifics.  We've got some Cumulus with BGP and it
hasn't given us any issues.  Granted, it's very vanilla with a couple of
SVIs per switch and just basic IPv4 unicast and it's just a management
network, but it hasn't caused us any issues that I'm aware of.

Hugo Slabbert       | email, xmpp/jabber: hugo at slabnet.com
pgp key: B178313E   | also on Signal