BGP in a containers

Vicente Luca vicente.luca at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 19:16:51 UTC 2018

I run BGP (bird) on containers in a high available production environment for supporting multiple kubernetes clusters, among other very critical pieces of my infrastructure.
As long as you know what you’re doing and have people that knows how to troubleshoot, it's very reliable. the fact that you’re using containers shouldn’t matter which BGP daemon you will decide using. if you’re comfortable with quagga, containerize quagga.  if you like gobgp, use gobgp. they all can be containerized and will work fine if the all the underlying foundation is proper configured.

—vicente