What are people using for IPAM these days?

Brian Kantor Brian at ampr.org
Wed Jun 13 18:38:18 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 11:25:47AM -0700, Randy Bush wrote:
> >> Youngster.  IBM 026.
> > Infants!  Hollerith (IBM Type 1). I still own it.
>
> but i actually do use emacs

For IP address management, I use a homebrew Perl web application
that is a front end to a postgres database and allows entry, update,
deletion and display.  There is a 'C' program which acts as a back
end, and builds the Bind zone files and the dhcp table from the
contents of the database when there is a change in the DB, as sampled
every 15 minutes.  There is also a batch update program to make
multiple changes to the database when that becomes necessary.
	- Brian