What are people using for IPAM these days?

McBride, Mack C-Mack.McBride at charter.com
Mon Jun 11 15:25:19 UTC 2018

Using BT Diamond IPControl.
For a larger provider with a lot of blocks and multiple groups using IP space you can't beat it.
It has a lot of enterprise features that others lack such as automation call-outs and overlapping space allocations.
If you can afford it, you will not go wrong.  It really is the great.

I have also worked with spreadsheets, homegrown systems, 6connect and a few others.
If you are managing more than a thousand IPs allocations spreadsheets are not manageable for IPv4.
Structured IPv6 can be managed out of spreadsheets with little to no issues well beyond that since it is structured.

6connect is better than infoblox in my opinion but everyone has a different style of IP management.
If you are going for free or low cost there are plenty out there but they don't have the features of more expensive options.

+1 for a generic number management system, but I haven't seen such a thing.

Mack