Application or Software to detect or Block unmanaged swicthes

Brad brad at persius.net
Fri Jun 8 23:30:04 UTC 2018

I like the idea of using a quarantine network by default with a captive portal assistant to permit certain levels of access if needed.. fairly easy to setup on LAN and WiFi networks with no problem.  Just depends on what you are trying to secure- easy to set up audits with MAC tables and SNMP data either way.

Brad

-------- Original message --------From: Ben Cannon <ben at 6by7.net> Date: 6/8/18  13:28  (GMT-07:00) To: Kasper Adel <karim.adel at gmail.com> Cc: nanog at nanog.org Subject: Re: Application or Software to detect or Block unmanaged swicthes
I’ve got an easy way to do this, I confiscate ‘em ;)

As others have said, this is a management problem.  Untrustworthy parties shouldn’t have physical access to your trunk ports.

That said Layer 2 MAC ACLs should block everything and allow only your switches.

Also do you have lit trunk ports just floating in space?   You shouldn’t...