Application or Software to detect or Block unmanaged swicthes

Matthew Pounsett matt at conundrum.com
Thu Jun 7 11:36:16 UTC 2018

On 7 June 2018 at 04:57, segs <michaelolusegunrufai at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Please I have a very interesting scenario that I am on the lookout for a
> solution for, We have instances where the network team of my company bypass
> controls and processes when adding new switches to the network.
>
> To put a finer point on things others have already said:
If you have employees with enable on your networking gear not following
policies and procedures, that is a management problem, not a technical
one.  There's nothing you can do to prevent someone who admin's a network
device from changing its configuration.

The various ways the company can handle this is by training, clearly
defined *and communicated* policies, and eventually by discipline if
necessary.  If the company is unwilling or unable to enforce reasonable
policy on its employees then my recommendation would be to find a new
company.