Application or Software to detect or Block unmanaged swicthes

segs michaelolusegunrufai at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 08:57:26 UTC 2018

Hello All,

Please I have a very interesting scenario that I am on the lookout for a
solution for, We have instances where the network team of my company bypass
controls and processes when adding new switches to the network.

The right parameters that are required to be configured on the switches
inorder for the NAC solution deployed to have full visibility into end
points that connects to such switches are not usually configured.

This poses a problem for the security team as they dont have visibility
into such devices that connect to such switches on the NAC solution, the
network guys usually connect the new switches to the trunk port and they
have access to all VLANs.

Is there a solution that can detect new or unmanaged switches on the
network, and block such devices or if there is a solution that block users
that connect to unmanaged switches on the network even if those users have
domain PCs.

Anticipating your speedy response.

Thank You!