ICANN GDPR lawsuit

Baldur Norddahl baldur.norddahl at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 19:51:07 UTC 2018

man. 4. jun. 2018 20.56 skrev Daniel Corbe <dcorbe at hammerfiber.com>:

> It occurs to me that operators might want to opt-in to have their data
> published through PeeringDB.  From a purely pragmatic standpoint, I won’t
> peer with anyone I can’t reach out to and if you don’t have a 24/7 NOC
> chances are good that you’re going to get depeered the first time there’s
> technical issue and I can’t reach you for help.
>
> An academic exercise, for sure.   But one that would render this line of
> thinking rather moot.

If it is a true 24/7 NOC you can not possibly expect a specific person to
answer the call. It will be whoever is on duty or on call at that time.

You do not need a name. Just the number and the email address. And that is
exactly what many operators put into peeringdb as is. No changes needed.

Regards
Baldur