Broadcom vs Mellanox based platforms

Tom Hill tom at ninjabadger.net
Mon Jun 4 17:23:00 UTC 2018

On 04/06/18 06:41, Kasper Adel wrote:
> I’m thinking, how do i validate their claims about capability to do
> leaf/spine arch, ToR/Gateways, telemetry, serviceability, facilities to
> troubleshoot packet drops or FIB programming misses, hidden tools...etc

I'd start with a software vendor that supports both. The Cumulus Linux
docs are pretty good, and available online:

  https://docs.cumulusnetworks.com/display/DOCS

Caveats for Mellanox Spectrum, and various Broadcom ASICs, are usually
listed in boxouts where appropriate. There's a whole page on *tested*
scales.

The software vendors are the ones that get access to the people at both
companies that /really/ know where the limitations are, so you're more
likely to find the best information dealing with one of them.

HTH,

--
Tom