ICANN GDPR lawsuit

McBride, Mack C-Mack.McBride at charter.com
Fri Jun 1 16:37:29 UTC 2018

The whois guard solution seems workable where the registrar just forwards information.
It would be nice if there were corporate phone numbers as GDPR doesn't apply to corporations.
For routing whois information there aren't going to be many individuals and it would seem
that the corporations who employee individuals should be the ones protecting those individuals
work emails by providing a generic contact email forward.  Which is good practice anyway
since people leave and go on vacation and problems still happen.
And the routing whois information is a lot more relevant to most of us here.
Of course anyone posting to a public list should be aware that their email address is
part of that information.  Which is particularly relevant to this list.

Mack