YANG daemeon for Linux

David Cornejo dave at dogwood.com
Fri Jul 27 23:18:47 UTC 2018

YANG is a data modelling language and not a method for configuring Linux,
though it can be used as a part of one.

I am unaware of any open source software that implements a complete
solution for parsing the YANG into a model, allowing the manipulation of
that models data, and configuring the system to match that model.

clixon (www.clicon.org), and it's companion CLI tool cligen, are toolkits
to provide a parts of the solution, but they require a large amount of code
to be complete.

clixon parses the YANG into an XML schema and provides for the manipulation
of the data via RESTCONF/NETCONF. clixon also has hooks to call routines to
configure the system according to the model data, but not the actual calls.
the companion cligen allows you to define a CLI language to manipulate the
data, but a language is not provided.

disclaimer: I am a contributor to clixon/cligen, the maintainer of its
FreeBSD port, and a user of this software in a commercial product.

--
Kailua, Hawaiʻi
US +1 (808) 728-3050