Security team objectives

valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Jul 30 04:58:21 UTC 2018

On Mon, 30 Jul 2018 06:43:35 +0200, Ramy Hashish said:
> Good day all,
>
> If you are going to start a security team in a newly founded IT
> organization, what will the objectives/results be?

The answer will depend heavily on the organization that contains the IT
group.  The right answers will be different for a bank, an ISP, a
Fortune500, or a large university.  The location (country and
state/province) and legal requirements for the company will also
matter - I have to worry about FERPA, Comcast probably doesn't...