SP security knowledge build up

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 12:09:48 UTC 2018

Please start with the nanog videos Chris referenced and the book that I told you about.

Before security knowledge, there’s a lot of hard CS and pure math involved if you want to teach it as a discipline – but that should be available most anywhere.   And of course practical courses on network and system administration.

Depends on whether you want to train junior analysts and build their knowledge in a more hands on manner in on the job training, or proceed with a graduate course that’ll take years and give them a deeper dive into this.

For on the job training the videos and the Limoncelli book will do very well indeed for a start.

--srs