Rising sea levels are going to mess with the internet

Jeff Shultz jeffshultz at sctcweb.com
Thu Jul 26 20:51:05 UTC 2018

It might be worth noting that with Plate Tectonics, the shoreline
itself is not exactly locked in place either. Particularly on the West
Coast in ring of fire territory. Come the predicted Cascadia Fault
earthquake, the landing stations are going to first be shaken by the
EQ, then swamped by a major tsunami, and after everything settles
down, potentially find the ocean lapping at their doorsteps, not
because the water level has risen, but because the land level has
dropped perhaps 1 meter as the North American Plate "unlocked" and
extended over the Juan de Fuca plate during the EQ. Bandon, Nedonna
Beach, Pacific City, Rockaway Beach and Warrenton, Oregon take note...
Not saying the oceans aren't rising - but there are other factors that
may be potentially in play as well.

FWIW.

--
Jeff Shultz

--
Like us on Social Media for News, Promotions, and other information!!

<https://www.facebook.com/SCTCWEB/>
<https://www.instagram.com/sctc_503/>
<https://www.yelp.com/biz/sctc-stayton-3>
<https://www.youtube.com/c/sctcvideos>

_**** This message
contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual
named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate,
distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail
from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed,
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does
not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this
message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. ****_