Rising sea levels are going to mess with the internet

Rod Beck rod.beck at unitedcablecompany.com
Thu Jul 26 17:16:11 UTC 2018

But the reality is that if you get bigger storm surges, your Internet access will be knocked. You will get loss of power and even if the backbone holds up, the access networks will not. Every time we get a severe flood here in Budapest, power is knocked out and we are down hard. The general population may not take much comfort in your installation of thousands of miles of fiber. Just a fact.

Regards,

Roderick.