Rising sea levels are going to mess with the internet

Naslund, Steve SNaslund at medline.com
Thu Jul 26 17:02:57 UTC 2018

BTW, I have installed thousands of miles of fiber and been submerged in plenty of manholes over the years.  If you have been in a manhole in the spring you would know what a non-event you are talking about here.  A lot of your Internet is under water a lot of the time anyway (not even counting all of the oceanic stuff).

>Since we have been able to cope with train derailments, backhoes, forest fires, traffic accidents, etc, I am pretty confident that the networks will keep up with the lightning fast 1/8" per year rise in >sea level.

Steven Naslund
Chicago IL