SP security knowledge build up

Compton, Rich A Rich.Compton at charter.com
Mon Jul 23 15:30:56 UTC 2018

Barry Greene's site has some good info on ISP security as well: http://www.senki.org

On 7/23/18, 8:08 AM, "NANOG on behalf of Christopher Morrow" <nanog-bounces at nanog.org on behalf of morrowc.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

    I thought also there was a set of videos from nanog meetings...
    I can't find a set, but here are some:

    ISP Security 101 primer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueRminCpnMc

    isp security real-world techniques - 2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijd9A5wUS_0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6ZSxgVvjdA (older version of previous?)

    ISP Security toolkits
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7XcZS_99WQ

    NRIC Best Practices for ISP Security
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bzL5eUGC-0

    there are actually quite a few more, searching for 'security nanog' turned
    up.

    On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 9:32 AM Suresh Ramasubramanian <ops.lists at gmail.com>
    wrote:

    > The usual / canonical sysadmin book might work, there is a lot of security
    > related material in there as well.
    >

    > https://www.amazon.com/Practice-System-Network-Administration-Second/dp/0321492668
    >
    > And this updated for enterprise / devops and other such new fangled things
    >

    > https://www.amazon.com/Practice-System-Network-Administration-Enterprise/dp/0321919165/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_14_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=2N4F09FPM9FG9VQNT433
    >

    > On 23/07/18, 6:55 PM, "NANOG on behalf of Ramy Hashish"
    > <nanog-bounces+ops.lists=gmail.com at nanog.org on behalf of
    > ramy.ihashish at gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >     Hello All,
    >
    >     I am planning to build up a security team of fresh engineers whom are
    >     "network oriented", any advice on the knowledge resources we can start
    >     with? We are looking forward to building a concrete foundation of a
    >     well-rounded security engineer, we are looking for vendor/operator
    > agnostic
    >     resources.
    >
    >     Thanks,
    >
    >     Ramy

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or storage of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited.