Rising sea levels are going to mess with the internet

Matt Harris matt at netfire.net
Mon Jul 23 15:13:48 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 8:25 AM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:

> Government regulation which results in increased costs.
>
> Climate science is interesting and worthy, but it's still too shaky
> and incomplete to justify trillion dollar decisions.
>
> For anyone who would have us Act Now Before It's Too Late, alarmist is
> the right term.
>
> Regards,
> Bill Herrin

The United States has lowered carbon emissions while the EU and China
continue to increase.

https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2018-01/documents/2018_complete_
report.pdf
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2018-01/documents/2018_complete_report.pdf&sa=D&source=hangouts&ust=1530721653111000&usg=AFQjCNHfKqi7C-kMzyLEzNrGddj1OZXebg>
https://rhg.com/research/taking-stock-2018/
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://rhg.com/research/taking-stock-2018/&sa=D&source=hangouts&ust=1530721672154000&usg=AFQjCNGPO5kfSowp4G7m3Rvhp_lEwwmTKg>
https://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/european-
renewables-are-up-so-are-carbon-emissions#gs.=_L422U
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/european-renewables-are-up-so-are-carbon-emissions%23gs.%3D_L422U&sa=D&source=hangouts&ust=1530721693671000&usg=AFQjCNGOmWeC7fM7PSycQ9Vzix8mvnhBMw>

I'm not sure exactly what this means, but in general, I think it's fair to
say that the US has taken a more market-driven approach that includes
working with industry to decrease carbon emissions.  During the same time
frame the EU, China, and other nations and regions that tend towards more
heavy handed top-down regulatory approaches to problems such as this seem
to be having trouble making progress and are in fact still headed in the
wrong direction.

Draw your own conclusions from that.  ;)